- provide you with a more personalized experience when you visit and use Viaplay
- enable certain functionalities of our service
- improve our service
- secure our service and protect you against spam and abuse
- make sure that you can find what you need in a more intuitive way
- show you more relevant ads
- measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing
Below you will find an explanation of what cookies are and what we use them for.
What are cookies and similar tracking technology
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identifier that is placed on your computer when you visit a website or use a web-enabled application. Through the cookie, it is possible to remember information about users and website usage, for example for statistics and analytics, log in information or to remember your preferences next time you visit the website. All cookies are browser specific.
Pixels are a similar tracking technology consisting of small amounts of code placed on a web page, in a web-enabled app, or an email, used to track user behavior, site conversions, web traffic, and other metrics.
You can view what cookies you have accepted and change your settings at any time by going to the Cookies Settings.
What are the different types of cookies
Persistent and session cookies
Whether a cookie is ‘persistent’ or ‘session’-based refers to the amount of time the cookies are stored or accessible on your device.
- Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering your preferences and choices when you are using our site, or to target advertising.
- Session cookies allow us to recognize and link your actions during a browsing session.
First party and third-party cookies
Whether a cookie is ‘first’, or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are set directly by us.
- Third-party cookies are set by a domain other than us. This typically occurs if we incorporate elements from other sites, such as images, social media plugins or advertising.
How to change your cookie preferences
If you change your mind about which cookies you would like to accept, you can use our Cookie Settings button above in order to change your preferences. However, if you want to manage cookies in a broader way, you can also choose to either agree to all cookies or not or choose the type of cookies you want to accept. You can also delete all cookies that have been set on your device via your browser. Some browsers let you see all stored cookies or can be set to automatically reject cookies. Information on how to do this can be found in your browser's help menu and / or documentation. In the below links you can find guidance on how to delete or block cookies in the most common browsers.
Please note that changes in your browser, i.e. disabling the cookie function, may prevent parts of the website from functioning properly.
We would like to remind you to visit our Privacy Statement if you want to learn more about how we collect, use and protect personal information.